5 Diet Solutions That Help Shed Stubborn Fat
Most of us are aware of that stubborn fat, that absolutely refuses to leave no matter how much you vary your workout or how many minutes you add to your cardio. However, there is a way to get rid of this stubborn fat with the right nutritional approach. Say goodbye to that clingy fat and get ready to reveal your well toned body!
We all follow a strict workout and diet routine for a reason. Not only do we want to avoid chronic illnesses that are a result of being overweight, we also want to like what we see in the mirror. So how do we get rid of that stubborn fat? Firstly, understand that the quality of food you eat will directly result your performance and appearance. Take for example the extra premium petrol you choose over regular petrol for your expensive car.
Isn’t the performance better?
Same goes for food that fuels your body as well! You might think you eat a healthy well balanced diet, but is that really the truth? Any processed or pre-packaged food that is a part of your diet will affect your performance. Processed food is poison for your body – it adds more stress to your system which means shedding that stubborn fat becomes harder.
So we have for you 5 simple changes that you can make in your diet with ease to see positive results.
1. Eat More Oily Fish
There is nothing better to burn off stubborn fat than fresh fish. Choose a fish that has low levels of mercury, because too much mercury in your diet can have negative side effects on your health. The top 3 fish are:
Other good options in fish are sardines, shrimp, tilapia and shrimp.
The reason we recommend fish is because they are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. If you cannot manage to eat fish every day, find a good fish oil supplement and eat that regularly. Fish oil capsules are made with omega 3 fatty acids from a variety of different fish and these EFAs or Essential Fatty Acids are the best way to get rid of stubborn fat.
2. Drink More Green Tea!
To improve your metabolism and to protect yourself against stubborn fat deposits, drink more green tea. The high antioxidant content of green tea improves metabolism, and their antioxidant properties will improve your immunity as well as protect you from the many side effects of free radicals. To ensure that you don’t add unnecessary calories to green tea, don’t add sugar. Instead add a dash of lime and a spoonful of honey and enjoy a cup 3 times a day.
3. Get More Healthy Fats
You might think ‘How will eating fat help me lose fat?’ The real truth is that when you eat enough Omega 3 fatty acids and unsaturated fats, the fat deposits in your body stay in check! Get a good ratio between omega 6 fatty acids and omega 3 fatty acids. The ratio should be 4:1, not 15:1 as many people believe!
- Sources of Omega 6 fatty acids are – corn oil, cottonseed oil and sunflower oil.
- Sources of Omega 3 fatty acids are – canola oil, olive oil, walnuts, tuna, flaxseed oil and soybean oil.
Another food source of healthy fats is seeds and nuts. Add almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashew nuts, peanuts, flax seeds and pumpkin seeds to your diet to shake that stubborn fat and make it melt off to show your perfect curves!
4. Limit Your Carbohydrate Intake
If you really want to get rid of that last remaining stubborn fat, you have to curb your carbohydrate cravings. Essentially, the right carbs are those coming from fresh fruits and vegetables. To lose that stubborn fat, ensure that 60% of your carbohydrate intake comes from these 2 sources alone. The remaining 40% can be from cereals, brown rice, chapattis made with multigrain atta, beans, oatmeal and brown pasta. Any form of processed carbohydrate or simple carbohydrate like white breads and pasta are best avoided completely.
5. Choose The Right Spices And Herbs
For best results, you need to flavor your food correctly. The right herbs and spices in your diet can do wonders you wouldn’t believe! They not only keep flavors interesting that make you stick to your diet, they also have additional fat burning properties that can help you get rid of that stubborn fat. Two herbs that are phenomenally good are ginseng and ginger. Also, parsley is a natural diuretic that will help you get rid of water retention. Using herbs like basil, mint and coriander will flavor your food and eliminate the need to put excess salt, which again is a poison for your diet. Add only minimal salt to your food and depend on other herbs and spices for more flavor and aroma.
Image Credit: FreeDigitalPhotos.net