Tired Of Flabby Arms? Tone Them With These Simple Exercises
Most women desire taut abs and a tight butt, but how often will people see these body parts and admire the hard work you have out in to keep these toned? Of course, a tight dress or a tight pair of trousers might show these off, but that doesn’t happen every day. What people actually notice every day even when you aren’t wearing skimpy clothes is are your arms! So why not spend some time toning up your arms? You’d be surprised to know how many people judge you on your fitness levels based only on your arms!
Toning up flabby arms is a sure shot way to get the attention you want. Whether you are dressed for work, for the gym or for a night out, your arms are what people will notice first about you. The truth is that well toned arms need a training program that concentrates on building muscle, losing fat and raising your metabolism. The good news is that such a training program will not just give you killer arms, but will also shrink your waist and tone your entire body. So let us understand the basics behind sculpted arms with great definition and take a look at a workout program at does exactly that!
The Basics Of Well Defined Arms
To get shapely arms, you need to concentrate on three things simultaneously:
- Building Muscle – Simply losing the flab on your arm isn’t enough. If you want definition, you need to build more lean muscle. So cardio alone will not help you. You also need to weight train to get those sculpted muscles in your arms; otherwise your skin will hang loose post losing the fat on your arms.
- Burning the fat – Just toning your arms with light weights is not enough. You have to burn off the layer of fat, or your arms will simply look bigger with added muscle to fat! So start on a workout regimen that targets cardio and strength training together to blast away the fat fast. And don’t think just arm exercises are enough; spot reduction barely ever works.
- Raise the metabolism – You might be able to diet and weight train together to get shapely arms, but maintaining these is impossible until and unless you raise your metabolism. Eventually, the fat will return if your metabolism doesn’t increase. For that you need the right diet, eating small meals every 3 hours and working out 5 to 6 days a week only on the right fitness routine to ensure that you build the right muscles and also get sufficient rest.
How To Put It All Together?
Now you know what you need to concentrate on to lose flabby fat on the arms. The good news is that this method of toning and defining your arm swill work on your overall body as well and result in weight reduction. The bad news is that it isn’t as easy as it sounds, and will take some time before you see results. But if you want something bad enough, we are sure you are ready to put in hard work and wait to reap the benefits!
So let us begin with the right workout that will blast away the fat from your arms, tone the muscles and will also increase your metabolic rate.
Start With A 40 Minute Cardio Session. This can be anything of your choice – brisk walking, cycling, rowing, jogging, running, swimming, stepping exercises or jumping rope. Try and alternate the pattern to get the most benefit and to keep your workouts from getting monotonous. You can also couple 2 or more cardio exercises in each session to get more variety and work on different muscle groups. This cardio session will get your heart beat accelerated and prepare your body for the next weight training session. Also, cardio is the best way to lose fat, while strength training or weight training comes in handy to tone up muscles.
You Will Need 2 Sets Of Arm Shaping Exercises Every Day For your benefit and clearer understanding, we will divide them in to 2 groups. Each day, do 1 exercise from Group A and 1 exercise from Group B. Keep alternating these to cover all the exercise in each group through a course of the week, for better results. You will need 3 to 4 sets of both exercises, and make sure there are 8 to 12 reps in each set.
- Bench Dips
- Close grip bench presses
- Triceps extensions
- Overhead triceps extensions
- Push ups
- Chair curls
- Drag curls
- Chin ups
- Pull ups
- Reverse curls
- Bicep curls
- Don’t lift lighter weights if you think you can easily lift heavier weight. This will not challenge your muscles as much as it should, which will not have the effect we desire here.
- Do not lift weights that are too heavy for you or you will not be able to complete the desired number of reps or sets. Also, that can result in bad form and increased risk to injury.
- As your stamina and muscles grow, increase the number of reps in each set and also increase the number of sets to challenge your muscles. Otherwise, you will hit a plateau.
These exercises will only tone up the muscles of your arms. They will NOT help in losing the weight on your arms. For that, you need a good cardio program and a good weight loss diet plan to help accelerate the process of losing weight as you build muscle side by side. These two together will also raise your metabolic rate, so that you can maintain the muscles on your arms and avoid gaining fat back. If you don’t lose the weight before you start building muscles, you can actually risk have heavier arms that have both fat and muscle and will look absolutely hideous!